Manager, Administrative Affairs and Outreach - Access to Knowledge for Development Center (Grant Position)
Reports to: Center Director - Access to Knowledge for Development Center (A2K4D)
Purpose: The job holder will be the core focal point internally for A2K4D activities at AUC and externally, reporting directly to the center's director. Reporting involves liaising with collaborators and institutions within the center’s regional and international networks. The position will work closely with the center directors on all matters listed in the job description.
Principal Accountabilities: The administrative affairs and outreach manager will undertake the following services:
- Provide operational technical support for team and sub-grantees as needed
- Plan A2K4D events and meetings and lease/coordinate for all needed arrangements
- Prepare and monitor staff attendance sheets, annual leave and overtime
- Renew service providers and consultants agreements
- Drafting and communicating the A2K4D work processes across all activities
- Assists the center's director in designing the operations, promotional and marketing plans
- Responsible for releasing Invoices, purchase orders and complete payment orders
- Handle travel reservations and relevant travel logistics
- Develop records and filing system for A2K4D
- Assists in the center’s grants closing
Budgeting and Finance:
- Responsible for maintaining and developing budget recording, stock control, accounting procedures for all areas of the team
- Coordinate for budgets and petty cash for all financial operations including supplies, travel arrangements for the A2K4D staff and invited guests
- Follow-up with relevant AUC offices on pending payments
- Coordinate monthly payroll arrangements
- Fund reservation for payments for external vendor and internal services
Analysis and Reports:
- Undertake statistical analysis and research reports on the development and delivery of the center periodical reports, highlighting grant achievements
- Collects and drafts statistics and information from identified sources when required
In addition to the above-mentioned responsibilities, the position holder will operate any additional assignments as instructed by A2K4D director.
Minimum Education Requirement(s): Bachelor degree in economics, development studies, or a relevant field is required.
Experience: 10-15 years of organizational work experience in a relevant field, including five years in a managerial role.
- Sound interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate well with others
- Excellent time management skills and organizational skills
- Ability to work well within a team and manage a team effectively
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent presentation and demonstration skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent customer focus
- Ability to train new hires and interns
- Adapting to change
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to work independently and under tight schedule
This position is open until October 21, 2019
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “Admin Manager, A2K4D” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo."