Senior Specialist, Grants HR Operations, Human Resources
Reports to: Manager, Grant HR Operations, Human Resources
Purpose: The job holder will assist in the implementation of all human resource functions for the grants' operation under the supervision of the manager for grants such as staff affairs, talent management, compensation and benefits for externally funded positions. The job holder will also assist in the grant administration process and support principal investigators in managing external projects/grants.
- Assists in the HR process for grant-recruitment by consistently:
- Posting vacancy announcements
- Screening resumes
- Shortlisting candidates
- Conducting Interviews
- Making a selection decision with the Principal Investigators (PIs)
- Preparing the necessary recruitment paperwork to finalize appointments and securing approvals.
- Assist in completing the hiring process by helping in the issuing of the contract and preparing the employees' personnel file.
- Responsible for the documentation process of the grants' operation as the end of the probation period and contract renewals, resignation, leaves, monthly overtime, exit clearance form
- Assists in the implementation of staffing requests:
- Opening of a new vacancy
- Position reclassification
- Salary increase and salary recommendations
- Additional compensation
- Ensuring internal equity, consistency and integrity as well as the availability of funds in alignment with Grant’s award summary.
- Assist in the operations of the benefits programs to externally-funded staff including the pension plans, schooling loan, medical coverage, life insurance coverage and scholarships that may be extended to dependents and communicates with the PIs the benefits costs and programs
- Maintains and updates the SAP transactions for Organization Management Module with any necessary data related to any changes in:
- Organizational Structure: the creation of a new organization unit(s) and new position(s), the status of position (vacant, eliminated, frozen, released, filled) and position’s relationships.
- Staff: hiring, LWOP, contract renewal, salary charges, salary increases, internal transfer, pension plan, medical deductions.
- Create and maintain an efficient filing system for all historical and current records
- Assists in the required reports and analysis preparation related to each grant as per requests
- Issues all required official HR letters for the grants operations as loan letter, HR letters for embassies or other parties
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Education Requirement(s):
- Bachelor degree in business administration or a related field
- HR certification (HR Diploma or CPHRC) is an asset
- Minimum of five years of experience, with at least two years in a multi-cultural environment with particular emphasis on HR functions
- Experience staffing/recruiting and compensation within an education industry is an asset
- Familiarity and experience with the grant cycle and operations is a plus
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse community
- Attention to detail and the ability to prioritize while handling the pressure
- Excellent knowledge of English and Arabic, both written and spoken
- Computer literate, including demonstrated proficiency in MS Office, Org Plus and SAP is a plus
This position is open until October 15, 2019
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “Senior Specialist, Grants HR Operations, Human Resources” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at the American University in Cairo”.