Senior Technician, Communication, Faculty Housing
Reports to: Faculty Housing Office
Purpose: The job holder will handle all technician communication issues concerning faculty housing. He/she will be performing and maintaining the internet connections and coordinate with Tedata company team to resolve any internet problems in AUC faculty housing buildings and apartments in different districts.
- Make and maintain internet connections
- Handel internet technical problems 24/7
- Make and maintain the telephone lines connections
- Maintain the satellite dish connections
- Coordinate with Tedata company team to resolve any technical internet problems
- Resolve any problems related to salto locks
- Resolve any problems related to monitoring cameras
- Resolve any problems related to ID card readers
- Monitor and resolve any problems related to the Intercoms
- Monitor and resolve any problems related to electronic doors
- Perform duties of Senior Telephone Technician in his absence
- Perform any related duties and responsibilities as assigned by the direct supervisor
Minimum Education Requirement(s): Successful completion of a technical degree or equivalent experience.
Experience: Minimum of 10 years of experience in a related field.
- Diagnose and correct technical problems
- Work independently
- Work both indoors and outdoors
- Are sometimes exposed to high places, such as working on roofs
- On-call 24/7
This position is open until October 14, 2019
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “Senior Technician, Communication, Faculty Housing” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”