Lab Aid I, Biology Department (2030)
Reports to: Technical Operations Manager
Purpose: The job holder will assist in the laboratory setup and preparation and taking care of all glassware and benchtop cleaning procedures in both teaching and research laboratories at the biology department.
- Assists in the laboratory set up under the supervision of the biology technical staff
- Cleans glassware, plastic-ware, slides and other materials after use in the biology labs
- Assists with the necessary arrangements for field trips by the biology department
- Photocopies, deliver papers and other materials to various people on and off-campus at the request of the biology authorized staff
- Maintains equipment in good working order
- Become familiar with the proper care and use of a wide variety of instruments including, but not limited to, microscopes, scales, centrifuges, cameras, tissues processors, recording devices (temperature, pH), laminar flow hoods, sterilizers and autoclaves, environmental chambers, incubators, etc
- Assists in maintaining the biotechnology and research labs in good order by doing the necessary and regular cleaning and organization tasks
- Performs any other related duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirement(s): Secondary school certificate is required.
Experience: 10 years of experience in similar jobs.
- Familiar with English and Arabic languages (Spoken and Written)
- Desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines efficiently
- Strong communication and organizational skills
This position is open until October 14, 2019
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “2030 Lab Aid I, Biology Department” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”