Officer, Media and Outreach – Political Science Department (Grant Position at Alternative Policy Solutions Project)
Reports to: Senior Media and Outreach Officer – Political Science Department
Purpose: The media and outreach officer is responsible for engaging the general public in policy debates through organizing public events, stakeholder meetings, media coverage and debates around the policies produced.
- Implementing the outreach strategy
- Organizing media roundtable, debates, interviews and public activities about the policies produced
- Managing a social media platform for the project such as website, YouTube channel and Facebook page
- Designing and implementing a dissemination plan for each of the policies produced taking into consideration the specific stakeholders and the target audience
- Providing a synopsis of the policies for the use of the media and the production of the videos
- Making the policies accessible through subcontracting the production of animated videos and media packages about the topic and the recommended reforms
Minimum Education Requirement: University degree in mass communication or related fields
Experience: Two to five years of previous experience in related fields
- Excellent written and oral Arabic and English languages
- Computer skills
- Communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge of IT
The position is open until filled
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com stating “NEW Media and Outreach Officer” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo."