Al Ghurair STEM Scholars Program
*No new intakes
AUC is pleased to announce a new fellowship opportunity for talented students to pursue graduate degrees in any science or engineering masters program offered at AUC.
If you are a high-achieving student interested in pursuing an education and future in a STEM-related field, apply to Al Ghurair STEM Scholars Program offered by the Al Ghurair Foundation for Education. The foundation could offer you a full scholarship to study at AUC. The program is tailored for bright young Arab students who are seeking undergraduate or graduate degrees in any of the STEM majors or fields at AUC but do not have the financial means to cover its cost.
- Meet the eligibility criteria of Al Ghurair STEM Scholars Program available on www.alghurairfoundation.org
- Full admission to a graduate program in the School of Science and Engineering
- For new graduate degree-seeking students; satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements
- Bachelor of Science degree with a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent
- For continuing students; to retain the fellowship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.2
- Be fully admitted to a graduate program in the School of Sciences and Engineering
- Demonstrate financial need and ability and interest in conducting research and experimental work
- Two academic years, with a review every semester for satisfactory academic performance and adhering to the responsibilities of the STEM Scholars Program
The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees for a maximum of nine credits per semester
- Student services and activities fees
- Housing support for those eligible
- Support towards living expenses
Responsibilities of Fellows
- Adhere to the responsibilities of the Al Ghurair STEM Scholars Program available on www.alghurairfoundation.org
- Carry a full course load (nine graduate credits) and maintain a GPA of 3.2 or above
- Complete their professional training in a satisfactory manner. Fellows are assigned 12 hours per week of teaching or research assistance work.
By accepting this externally funded fellowship, the fellowship recipient agrees to respond to any reporting requests received from AUC by the deadlines communicated to the awarded fellow. This may include a request for photos or academic progress information to be used for reporting purposes, or attendance of fellowship events including any meetings or events with donors as requested by the relevant university entities.
To be considered for this fellowship, interested candidates must submit two separate fellowship applications: one to the Abdulla Al Ghurair Foundation for Education and one to AUC before each of their respective deadlines, following these 3 steps.
For any inquiries specific to the scholarship and Al Ghurair STEM Scholars Program, write directly to the Abdulla Al Ghurair Foundation for Education at email@example.com
Step 3: Submit the AUC online fellowship application form by the February 15 deadline. To complete this third step, the online fellowship system will be open for you to apply to Al Ghurair fellowship at AUC between January 15 to February 15
To be considered for this fellowship, you must submit the Abdalla Al Ghurair Foundation fellowship application by January 14 and the AUC graduate admission application by February 1 and the AUC fellowship application by February 15.
Follow the Abdulla Al Ghurair Foundation for Education on social media to stay informed about developments.
For inquiries about Al Ghurair fellowship at AUC, email firstname.lastname@example.org.