Senior Officer, Principal Investigator Support Unit, Office of Sponsored Programs
Reports to: Senior Director, Principal Investigator Support Unit, Office of Sponsored Programs
Purpose: Under the supervision of the senior director, the job holder will manage timely and efficiently all the financial and administrative functions of grants in line with the allocated budget, timeline and various sponsors’ guidelines. He/she will contribute to the development of project policies and procedures, and ensure their effective communication to the project team and relevant stakeholders. In addition, contribute to the development of donor quarterly and annual reports, and ensure accurate documentation of all project material.
- Initiates and prepares project’s day-to-day financial transactions, purchase requisitions, contracts, advances and petty cash in line with the allocated budget and donor’s guidelines
- Liaise with principal investigators and support offices to communicate the project’s policies and procedures, and ensure that they follow AUC and donor regulations in their financial expenditures, providing the required documentation as needed
- Process training partners’ payment requests after ensuring proper documentation of all training activities
- Secure and maintain necessary approvals and documentation for all financial and project administrative functions
- Co-prepare financial accruals and contribute to the development, review, reconciliation of quarterly and annual financial project reports
- Prepare budget transfer and annual budget roll-over requests
- Coordinate project team travel logistics and support project managers in processing grant personnel travel, per diem and procurement requests, ensuring alignment with AUC’s and donor’s guidelines
- Contribute to the organization of all project-related events including inauguration events, visits and others
- Maintain an efficient filing and record-keeping system
- Carry additional responsibilities as assigned by the senior director
Minimum Education Requirement(s): Bachelor degree in accounting or a relevant field is required.
Experience: Minimum of eight years of experience, including three to five years of prior experience in administration and financial management.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Arabic
- Good attention to details with excellent follow up skills
- Time management and multi-tasking
- Good communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish/maintain effective working relationships with project constituents
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Results-oriented and able to work effectively within a team
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Good working knowledge of SAP
This position is open until October 17, 2019
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “Senior Officer, Principal Investigator Support Unit, Office of Sponsored Programs” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”