Office Clerk I, Institute of Global Health and Human Ecology (GHHE) (2046)
Reports to: Executive Assistant to I-GHHE Director
Purpose: The job holder will provide administrative clerical services to the Institute of Global Health and Human Ecology.
- Responsible for the day-to-day upkeep of the offices/labs
- Compiles and maintains office records and office activities
- Assists with data entry tasks for assigned projects and draft simple routine memos
- Copies data and compiles records and reports
- Prepares office inventory reports on a regular basis the level of inventory and recommend purchases
- Assists in organizing office events prepares meeting rooms and arrange documents required to be presented in meetings
- Responsible for filing, photocopying of documents, scanning, shredding confidential/unwanted documents
- Opens and routes incoming phone calls, mail and prepares outgoing mail
- Sends and receives outgoing and incoming mail and delivers them to responsible offices
- Performs purchases as requested/ needed
- Refills water dispenser as needed
- Ensures regular maintenance of offices/labs equipment
- Runs office related errands
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirement(s): Intermediate diploma, University degree is an asset.
Experience: Minimum of 10 years of experience is required.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to work with others and work to maintain cordial relations
- High level of confidentiality and attention to details
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel and Internet
This position is open until September 23, 2019
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “2046 Office Clerk I, Institute of Global Health and Human Ecology (GHHE)” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”