Research Manager, Political Science Department (Grant Position)
Reports to: Grants Principal Investigator, Director, Political Science Department
Purpose: The job holder is responsible for overseeing the work of in-house researchers and coordinating with outside experts to provide the finalized policies. He/she will be responsible for designing the necessary work-plan to produce the policies in a timely fashion. He/she will have a track record in managing research projects and demonstrate capabilities of strategic planning, efficient time management, and multitasking.
- Identifying and managing the work of external experts and researchers hired for specific assignments
- Identifying specific priority policies under the three areas
- Developing the work-plan and strategy
- Organizing the consultation process including meetings and workshops with different stakeholders and specialists
- Synthesizing the different inputs and producing the final policies
- Reviewing all the reports and research papers
- Communicating with different stakeholders
Minimum Education Requirement(s): Advanced university degree in economics, political science, law or social sciences.
Experience: Minimum of five to seven years in related fields.
- Excellent Written and Oral Arabic and English languages
- Computer skills
- Research skills
- Communication skills
- Management skills
The position is open until September 15, 2019 -
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org stating “NEW Research Manager” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”