Senior Administrative Assistant, Governmental Relations, Counselor Office
Reports to: University Counselor, Counselor Office
Purpose: The job holder is responsible for assisting the Office of the Counselor and carrying out all the administrative work pertaining to the office internally and externally. Also, responsible for following up a wide range of counselor’s office activities and performing a range of operational support activities including correspondence, events, maintenance and filing system.
- Handle all administrative duties of the university counselor and the director of Egyptian government relation as assigned
- Follow up on assigned tasks between the Office of the Counselor and all government institutions and universities as needed
- Serve as a liaison to university administrators, effective communication with campus-wide staff, faculty and students
- Assists in organizing events, activities meetings for the Office of the Counselor
- Responsible for the SAP system actions; purchases, requisitions, payments, per diems, travel, petty cash, office supplies, overtime and annual leaves
- Assist in the accreditation process of AUC academic degrees with the Supreme Council of Universities
- Responsible for the office day to day correspondences (emails, faxes)
- Maintains the filing system and assuring easy date retrieval for the office
- Handle the Log and track of all the office equipment or assets, modification and maintenance
- Types, proofreads and distributes letters, correspondences, and forms of a specialized and confidential nature
- Assist in the processing of Graduate Students Surveys approvals from the Central Agency for Public Mobilization and Statistics "CAPMAS”
- Answers telephones and relays messages, screen calls and inquiries
- Performs any other duties assigned by the Counselor and the Office of the Counselor Director of Egyptian Government Relation
Minimum education requirement: Bachelor degree is required.
Experience: Minimum of three years of progressive experience in the administrative support field.
- High typing speed and word processing skills (Both Arabic and English)
- Strong knowledge of Office, Windows, Email and Internet navigation, as well as familiarity with SAP
- Ability to handle confidential information and keep confidences
- Organized, detail-oriented, capable of meeting deadlines and able to perform well under pressure
- Ability to interact with a diverse population of staff and students, and external contacts with tact and good humor
- Fluent English and Arabic language skills
This position is open until September 8, 2019
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “Senior Administrative Assistant, Governmental Relations, Counselor Office” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”