Senior Officer, Data and Information Management, University Centers for Career Development project, Career Center (Grant Position) (50030570)
Reports to: Chief of Party, University Centers for Career Development project
Purpose: The job holder will develop and monitor a data and information management strategy, including data protection, data consistency and a record management policy for UCCDs, with attention to confidentiality. He/she will oversee the website development and the administration of the online career services management system at each University Center for Career Development.
- Manage and oversee the usage of data systems
- Formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure accuracy and legitimacy of data, in coordination with the monitoring and evaluation advisor
- Provide guidance to University Center for Career Development staff on usage of management information system and collection of labor market data
- Conduct regular system checks to ensure data quality, integrity and performance optimization
- Liaise with the software company re- system updates and coach the University Center for Career Development staff on new developments
- Expand the use of the data management system to facilitate a source of centralized data for all users
- Produce information, reports, data and statistics including the analysis of student usage of University Center for Career Development activities and labor market information
- Develop methodology and oversee the establishment and maintenance of the system for mapping and analyzing labor market needs
- Support development of tracking and monitoring system articulated with labor market assessment process
- Conduct employment surveys among students and basic establishment skills surveys among employers
- Oversee the development of the University Center for Career Development websites in line with each center’s needs, ensuring effective maintenance and regular updates
- Contribute to the development of four quarterly and one annual technical and annual work plan
- Oversee 12 University Center for Career Developments online career management systems and websites
- Carry additional duties as assigned by the supervisor
Minimum Education Requirement(s): Bachelor degree in computer science, master of communication and information technology, or equivalent.
- Minimum seven years of experience, including a minimum of four years in system administration and data management
- Strong understanding of databases, information systems and data analysis techniques
- Technologically savvy and has excellent troubleshooting skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to details
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work within a team
- Good command of English and Arabic.
- Good computer skills (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
* Based in Cairo, Egypt but will be required to travel to project locations as needed
This position is open until September 15, 2019
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “50030570 Senior Officer, Data and Information Management” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”