Bus Service Support (Casual position for 6 months), Transportation/Bus Services (50022130)
Reports to: Bus Service Supervisor
Purpose: Under general supervision, the job holder's purpose is to collect revenue, report equipment failures, handle customer complaints, and empty ticket dispensers, lost and validated tickets and assisting in buses traffic management and utilization. He/she should remain alert and reports all emergencies in and around the facility.
- Provide guests with directions and other information pertaining to bus schedules, routes, pick-up/ drop off points, bus subscription, and any other relevant information that might be asked
- Act upon all suggestions/complaints received from the bus service stakeholders in a prompt and friendly manner
- Control access into the bus terminal (check IDs and passing permissions)
- Supervise bus daily checks, report any issues to the bus service manager and supervisor, and follow up on corrective action
- Issue tickets and collect payments from visitors and generate pertinent revenue reports
- Enforce and audit the quality of service provided by the service providers (check buses maintenance)
- Record all the operational data accurately and timely in the relevant files
- Assist in implementing the designated operation scheme set by the bus service manager
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirement(s): Bachelor degree or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of four years of experience with two years of experience in tourism or customer service
- Previous experience in transportation services is a plus
- Very good command of English
- Very good command of Microsoft Excel and Word
This position is open until September 12, 2019
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “50022130 Bus Service Support (Casual position for 6 months)” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”