Officer, law and Society Research Unit Programs, Law and Society Research Unit, GAPP (Grant Position) (50031400)
Reports to: Associate Director, Enhancing State Society Engagement, Law and Society Research Unit (LSRU)
Purpose: The job holder of the (LSRU) programs is responsible for the implementation of the Judicial professional development component especially those related to LLM fellowship and short courses. He/she acts as a liaison between LSRU, law department, School of continuing education (SCE), other AUC relevant administrative offices, and the external partners including the Egyptian State Council (ESC), the Ministry of Justice (MOJ) and the Egyptian Bar Association (EBA). In addition, the job holder of this position will collaborate with other projects staff under LSRU to supervise the financial and procurement operations. This includes monitoring the operating budget and preparing detailed estimated expenses of project activities, supervision of related human resources management, efficient procurement, logistics services and common services consistent with LSRU-AUC rules and regulations.
- Provides administrative support for graduate fellowships under LSRU Grants with external partners (ESC, MOG, EBA)
- Follow up with the applicants with regards to procedures of admission, required documents, and fellowship’s deadlines
- Liaise with AUC graduate admission office regarding the fellowship funds
- Prepare quarterly reports on the progress of fellows under all LSRU grants
- Maintain a tracking system of fellowship’s projected budget to ensure the budget is balanced
LSRU short courses
- Coordinate with the School of Continuing Education (SCE) the short courses offered by the unit under specific agreements and tailored by SCE
- Liaise with SCE financial department on the schedule of payments related to the offered courses
- Coordinates with the officer of finance and administration for all LSRU financial reporting and reviews financial reports prepared by AUC grants accounting office
- Assist the officer of finance and administration at LSRU in implementing grants’ budgets
- Draw up consultancy and service provider agreements for LSRU consultants, and liaise with AUC legal department for initiation of contracts for full/part-time employees and service providers, under supervision of managing director
- Liaise between LSRU, law department and the project partners (MOJ, ESC, EBA) regarding LLM fellowships and English short courses
- Organize information sessions with AUC’s graduate admission office for LLM new candidates targeting a specific number of candidates each semester
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor
Minimum Education Requirement(s): Bachelor degree in a relevant discipline, MA is a plus.
Experience: Eight years of experience in a related field is required.
- Understands advanced aspects of primary area of specialization as well as the fundamental concepts of related disciplines (financial resources, contract, asset and procurement, general administration)
- Performs appropriate work analysis and assists in establishing clear standards for implementation
- Fair and transparent decision making; calculated risk-taking
- Excellent command of English and Arabic, both oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficient in computer use especially Microsoft applications
- SAP experience is required
This position is open until September 4, 2019
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “50031400 Officer, LSRU Programs - Law and Society Research Unit (LSRU) - GAPP” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”