Officer, Instructional Technology and Multimedia, Digital Education, Center for Learning and Teaching (10017)
Reports to: Manager, Instructional Technology and Multimedia, Digital Education
Purpose: Under the supervision of the manager, the job holder will be working closely with faculty to support them in using technology to enhance teaching and learning. This will include supporting faculty with the design and development of blended, online and web-enhanced courses as well as creating multimodal instructional materials within a pedagogical context. In addition, the job holder will be involved in recommending and integrating educational technologies appropriate to specific teaching and learning contexts and in assessing the effectiveness of these technologies on learning and teaching.
Provide pedagogical and instructional technology assistance to faculty within the scope of digital education (blended, online learning). This includes:
- Support the planning and development of multimodal instructional materials for specific pedagogical objectives
- Develop interactive instructional and multimedia materials using relevant and pedagogically sound digital tools
- In collaboration with CLT instructional technology team, research educational technologies and provide guidance (including pedagogy when indicated) for adoption to reach specific learning and teaching objectives
- Share in the evaluation of the effectiveness of instructional technologies for pedagogical use in both the face to face and digital education contexts.
- Assist faculty in developing instructional strategies in both the face to face and digital education contexts.
- Assist in assessing the effectiveness of new pedagogical and/or technological innovations on teaching and learning
- Assist in testing and reporting on adopted educational technologies and explore pedagogical integration in digital and face to face contexts.
- Assist in exploring cutting edge educational technologies and recommend use to CLT team members
- Contribute to assessment activities in collaboration with the educational development and assessment team.
- Assist in maintaining and updating CLT internal database and website content
- Upon request, the job holder will be responsible for assisting in the development of promotional materials for marketing the center’s events and publications
- Assist in the development of workshops offered by CLT to faculty, teaching assistants and Student Technology Assistants
- Assist in any Classroom Action Research within the context of educational technologies
- Engage in professional development programs, outreach or workshops for own career path
- When called upon, assist in CLT’s Turnitin account activities and faculty consultations this includes training faculty, troubleshooting and providing consultations as needed
- Perform any other related tasks as assigned
The job holder will be expected to work within teams, across the educational development and assessment unit and collaborate on projects within the CLT based on need and nature of the project
Minimum Education Requirement: Bachelor degree in computer science, information technology or digital education (in a related field is a plus), Master degree is a plus.
- A minimum of five to seven years of experience with three to five years of previous experience in related fields
- Experience in training faculty a plus
- Experience using technology (in an educational environment a plus)
- Working knowledge of learning management systems and Web 2.0 a plus
- Experience with web authoring and graphics software
- HTML, and Visual/User Experience design skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Research and data analyses skills
- Knowledge of pedagogy is a plus
- Very proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel PowerPoint and Database creation
- Potential to troubleshoot, learn, use and adapt new software specifically connected with instructional technology
This position is open until September 8, 2019
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating“10017 Officer, Instructional Technology and Multimedia, Digital Education”
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”