Senior Specialist, Research, South-South Migration, Inequality and Development Hub (Grant Position)
Reports to: Principal Investigator and Research Manager
Purpose: The Center for Migration and Refugee Studies at the American University in Cairo is part of a research hub covering six countries and 12 universities. The job holder will assist the researchers engaged in the hub research projects in the implementation of the project activities including carrying out research tasks, assist in literature review and report writing.
- Carry out desk research and literature review
- Provide assistance for the development of the data collection tools, IRB approvals, and data collection process
- Engage in the training of field researchers
- Take notes during interviews
- Keep a good filing system
- Conduct interviews when needed
- Transcribe interviews when needed
- Assist in the analysis process
- Attend all research meetings and training workshops
Minimum Education Requirement: Bachelor degree in social science is required.
Experience: Minimum of four years of experience.
- Proven record of conducting qualitative research
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Knowledge of Labor Migration issues, particularly in the Middle East and North Africa
- Fluency in speaking and writing in English and Arabic
This position is open until August 22, 2019
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “CMRS-Senior Specialist” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”