Research Manager, South-South Migration, Inequality and Development Hub (Grant Position)
Reports to: Principal Investigator
Purpose: The job holder will manage and coordinate the project activities and ensure that they are implemented according to the proposed guidelines. Also, carry out research tasks, write the final research report and disseminate the research findings.
- Develop the research plan for the research topics covered by AUC in coordination with the PI
- Follow up with other researchers in the hub working on the same research topics
- Carry out desk research and write the literature review concerning the agreed-upon research topics
- Develop the research methodology for the research topics
- Develop the data collection tools
- Get the required IRB approval for the field research
- Train the field researchers on data collection tool
- Supervise the work of the Research Assistants and field researchers
- Report on the progress of the WPs through writing a narrative progress report
- Conduct stakeholders’ interviews
- Write the final research report
- Supervise the process of implementing the survey in Egypt
- Engage in the analysis of the survey results
- Attend all corridor meetings and research training
- Substitute the PI in meetings when needed
- Ensure the implementation of all activities in accordance to the project timeline and ethical requirements
Minimum Education Requirement: Master degree in social science is required.
Experience: Minimum of 12 years of experience, including a proven record of eight to ten years in research.
- Proven record of conducting qualitative research
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Knowledge of Labor Migration issues, particularly in the Middle East and North Africa
- Fluency in speaking and writing in English and Arabic
This position is open until August 22, 2019
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “CMRS-Research Manager” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”