Driver, Science Communication Fun Lab (Grant Position)
Reports to: Associate Professor of Physics Department
Purpose: The job holder of this position will work as a facilitator to safely transport Fun Lab staff, equipment’s and students to and from AUC premises. He/ she is responsible for pre and post-trip vehicle inspections, ensuring the bus is clean and well maintained.
- Transport Fun lab staff and school students to and from AUC
- Assist in the loading and unloading of the Fun lab equipment
- Help passengers with difficulties getting on and off the bus
- Maintain the bus in a clean condition at all times
- Follow up on the maintenance of the bus on a regular basis Performs routine vehicle maintenance, such as checking oil, water, and tires; reports any non-routine problems or malfunctioning equipment
- Driving legally and putting safety first at all times
- Resolve emergency situations that might occur on the way to and from AUC in alignment with concerned staff
- Follow specified instructions, procedures, and standards for the efficient and safe operation of the vehicle, and for the care and safety of passengers
- Conform to all local traffic laws and regulations governing the operation of a vehicle
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirements: High school diploma is required.
License Grade Requirement: Possession of a valid driver’s license grade 1 is required.
- A minimum of ten years of relevant experience
- Clean driving record (no traffic citations)
- More than one year of experience in driving a school bus preferred
- More than one year of experience in working with children preferred
- Ensures passengers comfort during the rides
- Having excellent driving skills
- Good knowledge about routes and geography
- Good knowledge of car mechanics to define the nature of unexpected car breakdown
- Being punctual with excellent communication skills
- Ability to travel three times per week
- Being responsible and reliable
- Having high attention to details
- Excellent communication skills
- Being able to work under pressure
- Ensuring safety and following regulations
This position is open until August 20, 2019
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “Fun Lab Driver” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”