Officer, Media and Outreach, Department of Political Science (Grant Position)
Reports to: Senior Communication and Outreach Officer, Department of Political Science
Purpose: The job holder is responsible for engaging the general public in policy debates through organizing public events, stakeholder meetings, media coverage and debates around the policies produced.
- Implement the outreach strategy
- Organize media roundtable, debates, interviews and public activities about the policies produced
- Manage a social media platform for the project such as website, YouTube channel, LinkedIn and Facebook
- Design and implement a dissemination plan for each of the policies produced taking into consideration the specific stakeholders and the target audience
- Provide a synopsis of the policies for the use of the media and the production of the videos
- Create policies accessible through subcontracting the production of animated videos and media packages about the topic and the recommended reforms.
Minimum Education Requirement: Bachelor's in mass communication or related fields
Experience: Two to five years of previous experience in related fields
- Excellent written and oral in both Arabic and English languages
- Computer skills
- Communication skills
- Excellent Knowledge of IT
This position is open until filled
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org stating “Officer, Media and Outreach, Political Science” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”