USAID-AUC Merit Award
USAID-AUC Merit Award is a partial scholarship funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) with the support of the American people. The program provides an excellent opportunity for students from different Egyptian governorates who possess outstanding academic qualifications, demonstrate high financial need, and come from the Egyptian public schools to pursue a premier education at AUC to develop a cadre of youth who have the potential to be leaders.
Candidates who qualify for this scholarship will be selected from the Egyptian public school scholarship applicants.
Applicants must fulfill the below criteria:
- Be Egyptian student graduates from public, experimental, STEM, and Nile schools in the academic year 2020-2021
- Have an outstanding secondary school academic record
- Demonstrate financial need
- Meet AUC admission requirements
- Students must pass either the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum band score of 5.5 and a writing score of 5.5 or the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum total score of 62 and a writing score of 17
Tests must be completed no more than two years before the first day of the term for which applicants are applying.
The scholarship will cover:
- Tuition and fees
- Housing in a double room at the AUC dorms (for eligible students only who are residing outside Cairo and Giza)
- AUC transportation