OC-AUC offers undergraduate students up to five-year scholarships to public high school graduates from eight governorates in Upper Egypt: Assiut, Aswan, Bani Suef, Fayoum, Luxor, Minya, Qena, and Sohag to start in the academic year 2022-2023. OC-AUC students will be required to study one of the following majors: economics, mathematics with an option in statistics and data analysis or actuarial science at AUC.
Applicants must fulfill the below criteria:
- 2021-2022 Public high school graduates with demonstrated financial need from the following Upper Egypt governorates: Assiut, Bani Suef, Minya, Sohag, Fayoum, Qena, Luxor and Aswan
- Top Percentile scores in Thanaweya Amma public schools, STEM or Experimental schools
- Interested in majoring in Economics, Mathematics with an option in statistics and Data analysis or Actuarial Science
- Very good verbal English language skills as demonstrated by an IELTS/TOEFL iBT exam
- Students must pass either the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum band score of 6 and writing a score of 6 or the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum total score of 76 and writing score of 20
- Excellent communication skills and presentation skills
- Track record of community engagement activity
- Potential for further leadership development
The scholarship will cover:
- Tuition and fees
- Housing in a double room at the AUC dorms
- Living allowance
- AUC transportation
- Training and field tips
- A competitive opportunity to study a year abroad at the University of Chicago provided that the student meets the University eligibility requirements
Complete and submit the scholarship interest form.
Deadline for fall 2022: June 15, 2022.
To check other vacant scholarships, click here.