AUC partnered with Orascom Construction Limited to offer the OC-AUC scholarship program. The scholarship provides full-tuition annual scholarships to public or private high school graduates from eight governorates in Upper Egypt: Assiut, Bani Suef, Minya, Sohag, Fayoum, Qena, Luxor and Aswan.
Building upon the success of AUC's Leadership for Education and Development (LEAD) and Empower scholarship programs, AUC partnered with Orascom Construction to offer the OC-AUC scholarship program. The program aims to provide Egyptian high school students with high academic achievement and leadership potential and who could not otherwise afford to study at AUC an opportunity to pursue an undergraduate degree in economics. The scholarship provides full-tuition annual scholarships to public or private high school graduates from eight governorates in Upper Egypt: Assiut, Bani Suef, Minya, Sohag, Fayoum, Qena, Luxor and Aswan.
Scholars might have the opportunity of spending a semester/year abroad at the University of Chicago. The OC-AUC scholarship will provide selected students — who are identified as potential future leaders — with skills and knowledge in economic-related fields that are crucial to the social and economic development of Egypt. Roundtable discussions and specialized training workshops will complement academic studies to provide students with a working knowledge of economic and social needs, functioning of economies and how the Egyptian economy operates and adjusts to changing local and international economic conditions. Selected students will also benefit from AUC's liberal arts education and extensive student life services.
By the end of the program, graduates with a bachelor's degree in economics will be prepared to join the cadres of both private corporations, civil society, and governmental sectors. Graduates will be in a position to set effective economic policies and practices and ensure the inclusion of all three sectors to help develop Egypt's economy and address its most pressing developmental needs.
- OC-AUC offers a fully funded scholarship to undergraduate degree-seeking Egyptian students from eight governorates in Upper Egypt: Assiut, Bani Suef, Minya, Sohag, Fayoum, Qena, Luxor and Aswan.
- Public/Private high school graduates with demonstrated financial need.
- A minimum score of 95 percent in Thanawiya Amma or its equivalent in any other certificates.
- Excellent vocal English language skills as demonstrated IELTS/IBT exam with proper English pronunciation.
- Students must pass either the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum band score of 6 and writing a score of 6 or the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum total score of 76-82 and writing score of 20 - 21
- Very good communication skills and presentation skills
- Orientation/communication to public service
- Potential for further leadership development
Deadline for Spring 2021: November 15, 2020
Complete and submit the scholarship interest form.