Building upon the success of the Public School Scholarship Fund and Leadership for Education and Development scholarships, the Empower scholarship aims to provide the best public and private national school students with an opportunity to pursue their academic career at AUC.
AUC provides five full and/or partial annual scholarships to thanawiya amma graduates from five governorates in Upper Egypt: Assiut, Beni Suef, Minya, Sohag and Fayyoum.
Selected students benefit from AUC’s liberal arts education, diverse majors and extensive student-life services.
The Empower Scholarship focuses on fundamental human rights education as the key to a more tolerant, diverse and democratic Egypt. Through high-quality academic support, leadership development activities and civic engagement opportunities and partnerships with reputable and well-established Egyptian and international non-governmental organizations, the program foster civic responsibility, leadership, cross-cultural competence, professionalism, and tolerance.
Empower scholars will learn the necessary skills to become engaged citizens and effective change agents. They will acquire the necessary knowledge and training to advocate for the respect and protection of human rights through mobilizing key governmental and nongovernmental players across the Arab world to work together toward solutions for common human rights challenges.
Empower graduates will be able to compete in a global market in different specializations and join the cadres of civil society associations, government, and private entities, hence integrating the values of dignity, freedom, equality and non-discrimination in shaping and/or impacting future policies in all fields.
- Apply for admission at AUC before the assigned deadline for the Fall and Spring semesters. For deadlines and other details, refer to this link
- Public or private national high school graduate with a demonstrated financial need
- An active member in school activities or in the local community
- A minimum score of 95 percent in thanawiya amma in the science division and 90 percent in the non-science division
- Adequate English-language skills as demonstrated by the IELTS/iBT exam
- Adequate communication skills
- Orientation and commitment to public service
- The potential for further leadership development
- Proof of extracurricular activities (i.e. copy of certificates)
- Recent official valid IELTS test results, with a minimum score of 5.5 in both writing and total score or TOEFL iBT test results with a minimum of (62-75) as a total score and a minimum of (17-19) in writing
Important Note: While applying to the scholarship, ensure that the word SELECTED appears beside the scholarship name (fund) that you wish to apply for. Otherwise, we will not be able to recognize your application in spite of the fact that you could have successfully sent the application.