The Zeid Family MBA Fellowship
This fellowship honors the late Magdy Zeid and his long career as the founder and chairman of Maridive Group and MZ Investments, a holding company for several entities: Offshore Oil and Marine Contracting, Maridive & Oil Services, Hotels and Hospitality Services and Insurance.
His daughter Shahira Zeid '82 is an AUC alumna with a bachelors degree in business administration. She is a member of the School of Business Strategic Advisory Board and the vice-chairman of Maridive & Oil Services and MZ Investments. She is on the board of the Arab Business Council of the Davos World Economic Forum; Egypt’s International Economic Forum; Canada Egypt Business Council; Education For Employment, Egypt; and is one of the founders of The Egyptian a foundation that works with street children. In 2008, Forbes magazine listed Shahira Zeid as one of the top 50 Arabian Business Women and in 2014, Forbes again listed her among the 200 Most Powerful Arab Women.
This fellowship is designed to provide tuition coverage for Egyptian nationals applying for the MBA program at The American University in Cairo. The applicant must have an excellent academic record and be able to demonstrate financial need.
- Open to Egyptian nationals
- For new graduate degree-seeking students; satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent
- For continuing students; to retain the fellowship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.2
- Relevant work experience
- Financial need
- Two academic years, subject to renewal after review every semester for satisfactory academic performance
The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees for a maximum of nine credits per semester
- Student services and activities fees
Responsibilities of Fellows
New students must maintain full-time status of a minimum of nine credit hours per semester and be committed to finishing the degree in a maximum of two years and a half.
By accepting this externally funded fellowship, the fellowship recipient agrees to respond to any reporting requests received from AUC by the deadlines communicated to the awarded fellow. This may include a request for photos or academic progress information to be used for reporting purposes, or attendance of fellowship events including any meetings or events with donors as requested by the relevant university entities.
- A Teaching Assistantship mandatory training must be completed if the fellow is involved in teaching assistantship duties. The training needs to be completed only once
- For details and more information about Teaching Assistantships please click here
Deadline: April 15 for the fall semester and November 1 for the spring semester.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org