Mostafa El Baradei Fellowship in International and Comparative Law (LLM)
Last updated on May 17, 2020
No new intakes for Fall 2019
The Mostafa El Baradei Fellowship in International and Comparative Law (LLM) provides tuition coverage for a graduate student admitted to the international and comparative law (LLM) program at The American University in Cairo who holds a degree in law from a public Egyptian university. The applicant must have an excellent academic record and demonstrate financial need.
This fellowship honors the memory of Mostafa El Baradei, a distinguished Egyptian lawyer who was elected president of the Egyptian Bar Association five times between 1958 and 1975. Throughout his long and honorable career, El Baradei consistently advocated a free and pluralist Egyptian society firmly grounded in the greater Arab nation. He worked tirelessly to defend the integrity and independence of the legal profession and firmly believed in the critical role of lawyers and the legal profession in shaping a just society.
- Meet AUC graduate admissions requirements
- Full or provisional admission to the two year LLM program with the minimum grade point average of 3.0 or gayyed
- To retain the fellowship, the recipient must carry a full course load (nine graduate credits) and maintain a GPA of 3.2 or better
Two academic years, with a review every semester for satisfactory academic performance
Responsibilities of Fellows
- A Teaching Assistantship mandatory training must be completed if the fellow is involved in teaching assistantship duties. The training needs to be completed only once
- For details and more information about Teaching Assistantships please click here
The fellowship covers:
- Tuition fees, for a maximum of nine credits per semester
- Student services and activities fees
To Apply no new intakes for fall 2019
Deadlines: April 15 for the fall semester and October 15 for the spring semester.
For information about the LLM program, contact the Department of Law, t: +20.2.2615.3372
For inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org