AUC Staff, Teaching and Research Assistants' Responsbilities
AUC Staff, Teaching and Research Assistants (TA’s and RA’s) will be responsible for:
1. knowing and complying with the AUC Code of Academic Ethics.
2. signing the AUC Code of Academic Ethics Agreement as attached to the contract.
3. upholding the highest standards of academic integrity in all of the staff member’s, TA’s or RA’s own work at AUC.
4. upholding the highest standards of academic integrity by refusing to tolerate violations of the AUC Code of Academic Ethics as specified in the Definition of Standards in this document.
5. Reporting any suspected violation of the code to an appropriate faculty, administration or student judicial board member.
6. fostering an atmosphere of academic integrity among colleagues, students and staff.
7. respecting the rights of others, which includes the obligation to refrain from behavior that violates or adversely affects the rights of other members of the AUC community.
8. taking the necessary steps to apply the AUC Code of Academic Ethics to the circumstances of work at AUC. These might include (but are not limited to):
- respecting conditions for collaborative course work as specified by faculty including working in groups, with lab partners, doing homework, and any other work, submitted.
- enforcing guidelines or instructions concerning course requirements and policy.
- maintaining the security and integrity of exams, including proctoring.
- taking practical measures during any academic activity the staff member or TA is responsible for to create an atmosphere of mutual trust.