Senior Director, Tahrir Campus Operations and Services
Reports to: Associate Vice President for Campus Services
Purpose: The job holder is responsible for maintaining the highest professional and ethical standards associated with planning, organizing and directing the Tahrir campus operations along with other AUC facilities in the downtown area, and assuring that the University community’s needs and expectations are met. Develops, review implements operating departmental policies and procedures and identifies short and long terms goals.
- Provide the leadership to subordinate directors, coordinators and administrative staff in planning, establishing and maintaining the highest achievable facility management program commensurate with the resources available
- Overview the cleanliness, sanitation and the working environment of the Tahrir Square campus
- Design and manage maintenance programs and operations related to buildings and open areas
- Overview contracted staff to ensure compliance with job specifications, university requirements and relevant codes and standards
- Overview inventory of materials, tools and equipment supporting the functions assigned
- Overview and design the response to the emergency system
- Develop contingency plans for emergency response
- Maintains functional awareness of hazards at the workplace and establish/overview procedures to deals and prevent potential hazards
- Supervise events and activities related to the Tahrir Campus
- Maintains liaison with other University departments in providing support requirements for special events
- Ensure that facilities staff communications with special events and programs on logistical needs are running smoothly
- Assure effective planning and utilization of the Tahrir Square campus and other AUC venues in the downtown area
- Assure the continuity of services provided to campus areas operating during the pm shift and official holidays
- Guide and give technical assistance to subordinates in such matters as university policies and procedures, operating methods, techniques, procedures, employee and management relations
- Participate in preparing the budget, monitor expenditure and assure budget observation
- Coordinate and oversee the rented AUC facilities as per the contracts
- Coordinate the appropriate training for the coordinators to affect the work positively
- Evaluates work requirements and capabilities to determine what changes and/or upgrading are required in the workforce and/or in machines and tools in maintaining efficiency in mission accomplishments
- Ensures responsive, timely and thorough responses to the needs of the University community
- Establishes and maintains a positive and cooperative working relationship with members of the department and campus community
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirement: University degree in a related field. Graduate degree in a relevant field is an asset.
Experience: Minimum of 15 years of progressive responsibility and experience in related management field.
- Skill to read/draft blueprints and specifications, analyze design features and requirements; knowledge of applicable codes and procedures
- Extensive skills at the operational level in one of the categories supervised
- Ability to supervise others through current methods and means and maintain division productivity and moral
- Ability to work in a changing environment, which may require re-prioritization of daily operations
- Must be well organized and able to prioritize work, high problem-solving skills, and sound judgment
- Interpersonal and language skills: strong oral and written communication skills in both Arabic and English, including the ability to read and interpret documents related to the function of the Environmental Services operation (i.e., contracts, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals)
- Team building capabilities in order to work effectively in a diverse environment.
This position is open until April 23, 2019
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “Senior Director, Tahrir Campus Operations and Services” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”