Senior Developer, Web, Tech Solutions
Reports to: Director, Tech Solutions
Purpose: The job holder is responsible for the development and support of AUC in-house developed systems. He/she will be required to research and recommend suitable technology alternatives for business requirements and where possible customize existing off-the-shelf software packages. Also, responsible for leading development activities and resource allocations of development efforts across the IT organization.
- Plan a roadmap for development activities and task prioritization of upcoming projects
- Evaluate User requirements compared to business rules
- Plan, develop, maintain and enhance systems based on business requirements using approved technologies and coding standards
- Monitor routine content changes and ensures accuracy of content data feeds
- Create and present multiple technical solutions that show thoughtful approaches to strategy and issue resolution
- Maintaining web development documentation, testing cases and specifications and organized documentation repository
- Generate design documents, source code, and other work products necessary for the ongoing success of the product(s)
- Applies and maintains codding quality standards
- Assesses the severity of problems, determines corrective action, resolves technical problems and performs fault isolation and implements solutions
- Manages development projects and leads the development, unit testing and design teams
- Perform other related duties as requested from direct supervisor
Minimum Education Requirement(s): BSc in computer science or computer engineering is required.
Experience: Minimum of six years of web development experience.
- Excellent command of spoken and written Arabic and English
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards
- Excellent working experience with Java and PHP
- Deep expertise with Web services (SOAP/REST)
- Experience with SQL Programming Language and Databases
- Strong grasp of Information security principles
- Good experience with responsive and adaptive design
- Good knowledge of open source databases implementation such as MySQL
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Capable of quickly learning and applying new technologies and software
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work and contribute to team projects
- Ability to conduct comprehensive research in a chosen domain
This position is open until November 18, 2019
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “Senior Developer, Web” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”