Senior Administrative Assistant II, Academic Advising Center (10001029)
Reports to: Director of Academic Advising
Purpose: The job holder will be responsible for administrative support functions in the Academic Advising Center (AAC) to guarantee the Center’s efficient operation. Supports managers and advisors through a variety of tasks related to advising, communication, and administration. The job holder will be responsible to communicate via phone and email with students, parents and AUC colleagues and forward requests to the concerned team member if needed. The candidate will work on AAC’s administrative assistant duties and deliver results with high quality and in a timely manner.
- Provides support to walk-in students, forwards them to their corresponding academic advisor and/or the outside office in charge of their request
- Arranges Advising Appointments and makes sure that students meet their assigned advisor
- Provides support in the drop and add week, where a large number of students walk in the AAC
- Maintains comprehensive student records for all undeclared students until their declaration.
- Ensures that student database has all undeclared students’ information, their intended major, academic advisor, year of admission
- Secures accurate data entry either on Banner or on students’ database files and updates the records when needed
- Provides support and assistance to all AAC staff members in printing, photocopying, and answering phone calls and maintains office supplies and inventory
- Assists in any logistical request by AAC members, room reservation, cancellation of appointments, request for transportation
- Knowledgeable of all advising resources, like four-year plans of majors, advising website and core curriculum website and uses these resources wisely
- Directs students to other AUC resources that will help them in their problems and requests
- Checks the AAC email and makes sure to direct mails to responsible staff members
- Checks the drop workflow website and directs the requests to the person in charge
- Supports in information and data gathering for statistical use of AAC
- Maintains attendance and leaves of the team, able to enter leaves on SAP
- Supports and supervises the process of preparing all required documentation related to the operating and capital budget
- Follows-up on all projects, assignments, and initiatives handled by or through the Academic Advising Center
- Follows-up and supervises the staff contract renewals, and annual staff reports that are part of the portfolio of the vice president
- Responsible for AAC Petty Cash
- Performs any advising and administrative related task as assigned by the director
Minimum Education Requirement: A bachelor degree is required
Experience: Five to seven years of relevant work experience. Familiarity with AUC academic regulations is preferred.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with students
- Accuracy while working under stress
- Good Command of English and Arabic both oral and written
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office and Data Entry
This position is open until April 22, 2019
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “10001029 Senior Administrative Assistant II” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”