Marketing Manager, North America, AUC Press Sales and Marketing (50027132)
Reports to: Associate Director for Sales and Marketing (SMD)
Purpose: The role of the marketing manager for North America encompasses all sales, marketing, and distribution functions of the press in North America. The position reports to the sales and marketing director (SMD) and may be based anywhere in the USA.
Work is based on flexible and extended hours in all AUC Press.
- Works closely with editors, authors, and marketing colleagues to gain a solid understanding of new titles, prepare marketing plans, and participate in transmittal meetings
- Participates in weekly publishing meetings to help shape the AUC Press’s future list by reflecting North America market opportunities and sales feedback
- Performs detailed periodic analysis on sales results and marketing efforts, and presents reports and recommendations to the director and management
- Plays a main business user role on BiblioLive and CoreSource. Familiarity with Ingram Publisher Services’ platforms [IQ , Ipage, Aerio] is preferred
- Is responsible for setting and achieving targeted sales and marketing objectives each year as agreed with the SMD
- Prepares sales material, presentations, tip sheets, catalogs, galleys and more in coordination with Cairo offices
- Meet periodically with North America sales teams to present new titles, and follow up on sales representatives feedback
- Works with US sales teams to set and revise sales goals for new titles, follow up on sales progress, and provide supplemental material, special catalogs, sell sheets, publicity updates, and approve special discounts in support of sales efforts in North America
- Assesses, approves, and initiates co-op advertising, point-of-sale displays, print and ebook price promotions, indie and special markets programs, and trade advertising as needed
- Works with the academic marketing specialist to select titles for display at academic conferences and for inclusion in academic catalogs, facilitate desk/exam copy fulfillment, and manage the development of advertising and promotional material. Coordinates booth reservation, setup, title selection, shipments, and sales and select key conferences throughout the year
- Works with the Library marketing specialist to nominate titles for library-focused promotional efforts and coordinate galley and event giveaways
- Manages direct sales and marketing efforts to both readers and academics through websites, mailing lists, and third-party services
- Oversees the execution of general marketing plans in North America in coordination with the marketing team, prepare promotional material, coordinate author events, online and social media strategies, and advertising
- Participates in the development of social media content, including solicited posts from authors, excerpts, upcoming exhibits and events, blog posts, reviews, prizes, awards, and news pertaining to the Press
- Works with publicity specialist to plan and execute appropriate publicity campaigns, and to coordinate those efforts with the promotion efforts of other parts of the Press
- Researches media, assembles targeted press lists and ensures timely and appropriate distribution of all press materials, including galleys, digital galleys, proofs, and finished books
- Follows up with book review editors, radio and TV producers, bloggers, and journalists who may be interested in covering books in reviews, interviews, news articles, or feature stories
Minimum Education Requirement: BA/BSc degree in business or business-related discipline required
Experience: Minimum three years of work experience, preferably in sales/marketing and publishing. Three years editing or equivalent
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Advanced user of MS Office [Word, Excel, and powerpoint]. Familiar with database concepts and able to easily extract and manipulate spreadsheet data
- Ability to use independent judgment and to gather, manage, and communicate information to internal and external audiences
- Ability to handle competing demands from various sources
The Position is open until filled
Resumes received by January 23, 2019, will receive priority consideration
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “50027132 Marketing Manager, North America, AUC Press Sales & Marketing” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo”.