Clerk I, Associate Dean for Instructional Affairs, School of Continuing Education (55555555)
Reports to: Program Coordinator
Purpose: The job holder will perform a variety of courier duties to support all instructional affairs departments in activities such as preparation of course materials, binding, printing, and delivery to relative participants, in addition to administrative tasks such as greeting and escorting customers and assists with special grants, conferences and projects.
Work is based on flexible and extended hours in all SCE and training venues.
- Receive messages or materials to be delivered, and information on recipients, such as names, addresses, telephone numbers, and delivery instructions, communicated via telephone or in person
- Assist in organizing the office and school events, prepare meeting rooms and arrange documents required to be presented in meetings
- Record information, such as items received and delivered and recipients responses
- Perform general office or clerical work such as filing materials, operating duplicating machines, or running errands during the designated working hours
- Ensure that packages or messages are delivered in a time efficient manner
- Understand privacy rules and not tamper with package or materials handled
- Handle events/conferences with regard to transportation and arrangements of set up and closure of booth area
- Assist in the packing/unpacking of events/conferences
- Handle hospitality arrangements for small/in-house events
- Help as a courier for urgent documents that require immediate actions and approvals to and from AUC New Cairo Campus
- Accompany office equipment back to store when being moved from one campus to another between AUC's Tahrir Square Campus and New Cairo Campus
- Set up furniture, supplies and miscellaneous equipment, as directed
- Report items that need repair (doors, door checks, furniture lights, faucets)
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Minimum Education Requirement: An intermediate diploma is required
Experience: Ten years of working experience
- Basic English language is required
- Communications and interpersonal skills: Capability to collaborate with superiors and colleagues. Capability to take and adhere to instructions and to quickly adapt to new knowledge and information
- Ability to effectively meet and communicate with the public
- High level of confidentiality skills
The Position is open until January 21, 2019
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “55555555 Clerk I, Associate Dean for instructional affairs, School of Continuing Education” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo."