Senior Specialist, SCE Communications and Events, Strategic Enrollment Management, School of Continuing Education (10001027)
Reports to: Officer, SCE Marketing and Communications
Purpose: Provide professional support in the planning, development, and coordination of both internal and external communications projects and outreach events under the direction of the School of Continuing Education (SCE) marketing and communications officer. Maintains and segments school client database and assists in school special events.
Work is based on flexible and extended hours in all SCE and training venues.
- Provide all logistical support for promotional special events such as ads, open houses, orientation sessions, conferences, educational exhibitions, fairs, and additional ad hoc events
- Update and track all change requests to the school’s communication calendar
- Maintain and update the school's database management system across all available IT tools
- Monitor and evaluate events effectiveness and produce periodic statistics and evaluation reports to SCE marketing and communications officer
- Manipulate school videos, flyers and event name tags, agenda, application and event certificate templates with available tools to promote school events
- Negotiate and maintain effective relationships with vendors and contractors to coordinate special projects costs, scheduling and invoice payments
- Assist in recruiting service providers for photography and video during the event and/or lecturers or any other profession needed to implement the event
- Coordinate external consultants and/or service providers contracts and their payments accordingly with the office of strategic enrollment management administrative assistant
- Monitor and maintain the inventory of SCE event promotional materials, publications, roll-ups and backdrops and manage all communication for event deliverables and return to storage
- Coordinate and implement SCE events as requested and ensure that appropriate event schedule is implemented
- Prepare monthly statistics reports and trend analysis for various communication activities as needed in coordination with SCE marketing and communications officer
- Represent the school at all conferences, meetings, exhibits, and other special events to promote new and existing programs and initiatives as directed
- Promote community awareness of school marketing programs, terms and events via SCE YouTube channel, posts to News@AUC and email blasts
- Assume additional responsibilities and serve on committees as assigned
Minimum Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: Five to seven years of experience including two years of experience in marketing/event management. Previous experience in manipulating graphics and videos is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
- Knowledge of MAC operations and familiarity with the following software: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, adobe flash player and adobe acrobat
- Self‐managed, self‐starter with a demonstrated ability to work independently given the assignment of responsibility
- Demonstrated aptitude and attitude for learning new tasks quickly and efficiently
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent analytical and computer skills required; proficient with Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel, PowerPoint, typing/keyboarding proficiency
Position is open until filled
Resumes received by January 15, 2019 will receive priority consideration
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “10001027 Senior Specialist, SCE Communication & Events, Strategic Enrollment Management, School of Continuing Education” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo."