Officer, Academic Planning, Office of the Associate Provost for Strategic Enrollment Management (50031418)
Reports to: Director, Academic Planning and Analysis
Purpose: The job holder is responsible for the implementation of the various student success and retention initiatives including study plan automation, capacity analysis, course-offerings planning, declaration standardization.
- Plan and forecast demand on all courses through analysis of available information of programs and course offerings to recommend the registration rules criteria to be applied by supporting academic departments
- Support academic departments in setting registration rules and criteria to be applied on the courses through analysis of available information of programs and course offerings
- Work closely with the scheduling team in the Registrar to ensure implementation of the agreed restrictions and reservations as needed
- Analyze capacities and identify bottlenecks to assist the academic departments in planning and managing course offerings
- Work on the optimized model for capacity planning in collaboration with the academic departments
- Support departments in managing waiting lists and monitor prioritization and management processes adopted
- Work on assessing the declaration processes of each major in collaboration with the schools and departments and the Academic Services Improvement team
- Support departments in the declaration application milestones and relevant registration procedures as needed
- Develop and ensure the successful implementation of each phase of launching and implementing DegreeWorks, Student Educational Planner (SEP) in coordination with the IT and Registrar
- Align with academic departments to optimize the study plans of the different programs as needed
- Capitalize on DegreeWorks to report data that supports decision-making in aspects such as capacity planning and optimization
- Coordinate with the academic departments to facilitate the adoption of DegreeWorks SEP across all majors
- Provide support for the Academic Advising Center and the academic departments in running and handling DegreeWorks SEP particularly when introducing new features and/or functions
- Build plans on DegreeWorks SEP to integrate all the majors into the system as well as maintain and modify the templates according to any program changes as well as manage the data entry and assignment of students to designated plans.
- Conduct training and awareness sessions to faculty and professional advisors
- Work closely with the Academic Planning Senior Officer and the Enrollment Analysis Officer on any relevant tasks
- Perform other duties that support the overall objective of the position as assigned by the senior manager
Minimum Education Requirement: Bachelor degree in a relevant field preferably Business Administration or Engineering is required.
Experience: Minimum of seven to nine years of relevant experience. Experience working in an academic environment is preferable.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong aptitude for self-learning and knowledge acquisition
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to design reports and presentations
- Knowledge of Banner student information system package is an asset
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Fluent in Arabic
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint)
- Possess core traits of honesty, integrity, and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Positive attitude, strong work ethics, commitment to the highest standards of customer service and professionalism, and ability to work independently as well as a member of a dynamic cross-functional team
This position is open until June 10, 2019
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “50031418 Officer, Academic Planning” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”