Find AAC&U initiatives, publications, how-to guides, campus practices, meetings and other resources at this link.
The CLT provides faculty with a variety of programs, services, workshops, lectures, resources, and consultation to improve teaching effectiveness, explore the application of technology to the teaching/learning process, and create a stimulating learning environment.
The CLT website includes a list of links to online resources on teaching and learning such as:
Internet Resources for Classroom Assessment Techniques: An extensive list of classroom assessment techniques collected by Sinclair Community College can be found here.
In-Class Assessment Techniques: A list of online resources from Penn State's Shreyer Institute for Teaching Excellence can be found here.
|Classroom Assessment Techniques (CATS)|
Penn State's Shreyer Institute for Teaching Excellence is a wonderful resource for faculty in designing curricula and assessment tools.
|Course Design and Planning|
- Adult learners
- Developing learning objectives
- Online and blended learning
- Syllabus development
- Test planning
- Writing effective cases
- Testing strategies that help students learn
- Inquiry-based learning
- Large class strategies
- Problem-based learning
- Resources for teaching writing
- Teaching diverse students
- Using discussion in the classroom
- Ways to avoid students sharing test information
- Writing good test questions
- Working with groups
- Sample Engineering Program Outcomes (Auburn University's chemical engineering outcomes)
- Sample University Outcomes (university learning outcomes from Bowling Green State University)
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) (MSCHE's web site provides links to a range of resources, including information on accreditation, assessment, teaching effectiveness, as well as links to events and workshops).
- Rubrics/Scoring Guidelines (Everything you need to know about rubrics/scoring guidelines, including guides to developing rubrics, rubric generators, templates, evaluation scales, general education rubrics and rubrics by department).
- Sample Assessment Plans (By Department) (Montana State University's list of assessment plans, by department)
- Sample Assessment Reports (By Program) (links to Sinclair Community College assessment reports, by department)
- Sample Assessment Surveys (links to alumni, student and faculty assessment surveys from Auburn University)
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (Illinois State University's Milner Library has compiled an extensive list of potential publishing outlets for research on teaching effectiveness, learning and assessment).
- "Electronic Teaching Portfolios: Multimedia Skills + Portfolio Development = Powerful Professional Development" (A paper on the development of electronic portfolios).
- Rubric for Evaluating E-Portfolios
- Teaching Goals Inventory (from the University of Iowa's Center for Teaching)