Specialist, AVT Support- Classroom Technologies and Media Services (50030492 )
Reports to: Assistant Director, Event and Digital Media Services
Purpose: This is a semi-technical position that requires the skills and abilities needed to set up, configure, operate, and help maintain Audio/Visual resources, media and computing equipment available in offices and meeting/events rooms. The employee will deal directly and assist the end-user in their requirements of setup and operations of such equipment. The employee will assist in the regular CTMS functions and services as needed.
- First level responsibility for the technical setup, operation, and support of Audio/Visual, media, and computing equipment in offices and meeting rooms related to the Administrative offices use.
- Responsible for the operation of the computing and presentation equipment for the duration of events as requested by the Administrative offices and according to CTMS policies to provide a high quality of technical standards.
- Make complete audio and/or video recordings of Administrative offices events if needed.
- Prepare simple recordings for submission to the Administrative offices.
- Positioning, installation and operation of equipment within all event areas as well as performing all necessary pre-event checks as required for the event.
- Collect, transport, return to storage and account for resources used during work assignments.
- Maintain accurate and timely records regarding work assignments.
- Track and report equipment used for the purpose of service and replacement planning.
- Report equipment or technical failures to the proper person or service unit and follow-up until resolved.
- Communicate with the Administrative offices directly on the exact audiovisual & video/web conferencing requirements for the events.
- Suggest the most effective way to resolve the ongoing technical issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned and needed by supervisors and managers
Minimum education requirement: University degree, preferably IT related.
- Three to five years of full-time IT support
- Customer relations experience preferred.
- Knowledge of PC related problems
- Knowledge of Audio Visual & Video equipment
- Support of audio-visual equipment is an asset.
- Prefer experience with projectors, computers, instructional settings, and video/web conference.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Positive attitude and customer oriented skills
- Good multitasking and organizational ability.
- Focused & detail oriented.
- Ability to deal with difficult and complex people and situations.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Solid Problem-solving skills
- Ability to evaluate a problem and pursue solutions
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Operational proficiency in various audio-visual equipment, accessories, and services
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on shifts, overtime and on weekends
Position is open until October 7, 2017
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “50030492 Specialist, AVT Support” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”