Senior Specialist, Student Services, Enrollment, Admissions and Student Service Center (10001226 )
Reports to: Director, Student Services
Purpose: To perform all functions at the Student Service Center as well as all aspects of student recruitment in Egypt and abroad thus serving as the main point of liaison between AUC and the general public and other concerned parties.
- Act as the “first line” of contact between the University and the general public.
- Relay clear and timely information about AUC.
- Build and maintain active and effective working relationships with public.
- Act as a link with concerned university offices and departments and outside contacts.
- Able to serve all functions for prospective and enrolled student services through the Student Service Center.
- Represent the university in all local and international student recruitment events (Graduate / Undergraduate):
- Educational fairs: Participate in educational fairs in Egypt and abroad serving as a first line of information about AUC’s different programs.
- High school visits: Arrange and perform school visits in Egypt and abroad. This entails meeting high school counselors, giving student presentations about AUC admission requirements and responding to the students’ and counselors’ general inquiries.
- Serve as AUC’s first line information provider at the Student Service Center:
- Respond to student inquiries with accurate and complete information
- Receive all requests and applications from prospective and enrolled students and deliver all documents and letters related to the student affairs area.
- General inquiries: Handle the general inquiries received by e-mail, by phone or other means of correspondence.
- Maintain updated SSC visitors statistics: Responsible for maintaining daily record of functions performed at the SSC to be used for issuing reports and statistics.
- Arrange visits to AUC: Responsible for arranging individual and group campus tours for prospective students. This entails training and coordinating a group of enrolled AUC undergraduates who handle the tour.
Minimum Education Requirement: University degree is required
Experience: Two to five years of work experience, with at least one year in a relevant field.
- Pleasant character with high level of communication skills and an ability to deal with all age groups and sectors of society
- Highly advanced presentation and public speaking skills
- Advanced knowledge acquisition and dissemination abilities, acting simultaneously as operational generalists and specialists with broad familiarity of various university-wide procedures and specialized knowledge of job-specific functions
- Advanced organizational and time-management skills
- High ability to work effectively in a team on a diverse range of projects with different requirements and time frames
- Ability to handle and take responsibility of projects and tasks individually
- High ability to adapt to changing job requirements and self-develop own skills to match the dynamic job environment
- Ability to work under pressure in different circumstances that job may require, such as working under tight deadlines, peak periods, event preparation, and frequent travel
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently (alone or accompanied) to different destinations as required by the job
Position is open until September 25, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “10001226 Senior Specialist, Student Services” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at the American University in Cairo."