Senior Content Specialist, Office of Strategic Alignment (10000353)
Reports to: Associate Director, Office of Communications and Marketing
Purpose: The senior content specialist is responsible for developing the voice for all aspects of the school’s communication material and digital presence. The role includes creating and maintaining content in all communication channels as well as sharing content to raise brand awareness.
The job holder main responsibility will be maintaining an up to date website with the latest content, technology and performance responsible. The School website is considered the first interface with the school’s prospective students and candidates for different masters and executive education programs, hence, it is considered a main marketing tool that could be effectively used to drive more students, faculty, and donors to support the School.
In addition, the candidate is responsible for managing the School’s presence on Social Media. In this respect the candidate will work on developing content as well as attracting and interacting with targeted virtual communities and networks users. The goal is to gradually achieve superior customer engagement and interaction and drive traffic to the School of Business website and create awareness on the School’s different programs, activities and achievements.
Furthermore, the job holder is also responsible for proofing and reviewing content and insure school communication material is in line with School strategy as well as University editorial and branding guidelines.
The senior content specialist is also responsible for training and supervising social and digital media interns who are integral for developing and expanding social media presence, live coverage of events as well as content development.
- Maintain School of Business website, create and publish engaging content while optimizing content in accordance with SEO.
- Map website content, identifying required updates and developing timeline for content development, deployment and retirement.
- Develop content strategy aligned with short-term and long-term marketing targets of the School.
- Manage online marketing and outreach campaigns and work with a cross-departmental team to maintain and develop the website content and marketing message.
- Collaborate with University Communication Office and University Academic Computing Technologies Offices on planning and developing site content, style and layout
- Design and develop content for School online newsletter
Marketing and Communication Material:
- Handling coordination of school marketing material and publications such as brochures, flyers, etc. between school stakeholders, AUC Communication Office and AUC Print shop.
- Ensure that school strategy are supported and advised effectively to maintain coherence in all promotional material.
- Ensure that AUC general branding and editorial guidelines are applied on all School publications.
- Designing and updating School presentation
- Coordinating development of School videos
- Archiving school photos and videos
- Manage and maintain School social media accounts
- Developing social media strategy
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content
- Responding and engaging with stakeholders on the different social media platforms
- Train and supervise Office of Communication and Marketing team of social and digital media Intern
Minimum education requirement: Bachelor’s degree in journalism, mass communication, business or marketing
Experience: 5-7 years of previous experience including 3 years in related experience. Previous experience in content management is a plus
- Excellent command of the English language
- Moderate knowledge of business, finance and economics
- Strong oral and written communication skills are of the highest priority, writing sample relevant to the job is required with the application
- Hands on experience with MS Office and WordPress
- Basic technical knowledge of HTML and web publishing
- Knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to work with groups and organizations, both internal and external to the University.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, commitment to the highest standards of customer service and professionalism and ability to work independently and as a member of a dynamic cross-functional team
- Able to handle a heavy work load and work under pressure
Position is open until August 7, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “10000353 Senior Content Specialist” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at the American University in Cairo”.