Senior Manager, Graduate Student Services and Fellowships, Dean of Graduate Studies (10001391)
Reports to: Dean of Graduate Studies
Purpose: To lead graduate student fellowships and services at AUC. The person occupying this position is the primary academic liaison with donors and funding agencies and organizations for externally-funded fellowships. He/she will work closely with the Office of Sponsored Programs and the Office of Advancement and Communications for identifying and securing external support for graduate fellowships. Additionally, he/she leads the selection of candidates for interdisciplinary fellowships. He/she provides advice to graduate students for addressing academic challenges, and support for addressing non-academic challenges. He/she oversees the coordination of graduate academic workshops.
- Identifies and contributes to securing external support for graduate fellowships.
- Leads the discussion with donors and funding agencies and organizations on the eligibility criteria and academic provisions for externally-funded fellowships.
- Contributes to the development and approval of agreements for externally-funded fellowships.
- Oversees the preparation of academic and student progress reports for externally-funded fellowships in place at AUC.
- Develops and updates strategic and action plans for the optimal use of graduate fellowships to sustain and enhance Graduate Studies at AUC (recruitment versus completion; diversity; internationalization)
- Optimizes the use of interdisciplinary graduate fellowships every semester.
- Directs the selection of graduate students for interdisciplinary fellowships.
- Manages the activities and events of all graduate fellowships at AUC.
- Oversees the development and update of the graduate fellowships webpages.
- Directs the management of the graduate fellowship application system.
- Coordinates the graduate fellowship cycles with the graduate admissions and graduate financial assistantship cycles.
Graduate Student Services:
- Leads the provision of support to international graduate students in time of crises.
- Advises graduate students on addressing academic challenges, and provides support for them on addressing non-academic challenges.
- Directs the organization of academic workshops for graduate students.
- Directs the management of the online Academic Integrity modules for graduate students.
- Manages the contacts and dissemination of information to all graduate students at AUC.
- Oversees the development and update of the graduate student services webpages.
- Oversees the preparation and dissemination of GradNews.
- Directs the advising and registration of non-degree Egyptian graduate students at AUC.
- Contributes to the selection of exchange graduate students from AUC.
- Contributes to the development, updates and implementation of graduate studies policies, procedures and academic rules and regulations.
- Develops and updates strategic and action plans for maintaining and enhancing graduate student services.
Minimum Education Requirement: University degree is required.
Experience: Minimum of eight years of professional experience, including three years in an academic institution.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Confident user of IT.
- Confident user of Argos and Banner.
Position is open until July 24, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “10001391 Senior Manager, Graduate Student Services & Fellowships” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo."