Senior Cultural Coordinator I, Arts, Community Outreach and Campus Animation Unit (50030936)
Reports to: Advisor to the President for Arts, Community Outreach and Campus Animation
Purpose: This position will provide full support to the special advisor to the president for arts, community outreach and campus animation and all related programing.
- Provide crucial staffing support to the advisor on a daily basis.
- Track budget for new campus culture outreach program and carry out all projects and budgets as directed by the advisor.
- Identifies potential corporate donors and assists adviser in raising corporate support and funding for cultural programs, presentations and similar activities.
- Identifies cultural programs and other similar activities suitable for the cultural and community outreach programs initiative, establishes contact and prepare agreements with artists for advisor's approval and ensures proper management of each event.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, provide key advice regarding stakeholders and technical feasibility.
- Break projects into doable actions and set timeframes.
- Recruit teams among faculty, students and staff to carry out cultural projects.
- Oversee the project team’s performance, oversee and coordinate committees and volunteers.
- Serve as the communications liaison between all groups within the internal and external community.
- Assist with all planning needs of the Presidential Advisory Council for the cultural and community outreach programs.
- When needed, draft messaging using cultural, media, educational and other informational strategies.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports.
- Provide grant research support to assist with cultural and entertainment programming, creative place making, public art, and community improvement efforts.
- Identify potential corporate sponsors and make preliminary contact.
- Represent the Advisor in his/her absence in outside and internal AUC meetings.
- Creates and maintains comprehensive project documentation, plans and financial reports to donors, e.g. foundations, corporate sponsors, government and international donors.
Minimum Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in project management, from conception to delivery.
- Experience coordinating diverse groups with communication ease.
- Managerial experience is key, ability to direct and drive projects forward.
- Event planning is key.
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time management.
- Experience coordinating complex schedules and aligning resources.
- Ability to manage large projects and facilitate complex interactions across various networks.
- Ability to develop positive relationships with diverse constituents (both internal and external) and communicate successfully with all groups.
- Proven effectiveness at project management.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Passionate about neighborhood development and community cooperation.
- Creative mindset, mission driven, adaptable and innovative approach to community outreach.
- Ability to draw up budget proposals, monitor expenditures from cultural funds.
- Ability to direct social media teams, monitoring and improving their messaging.
Position is open until July 25, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “50030936 Senior Cultural Coordinator I” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo."