Senior Communications and Outreach Officer (Grant Position)
Reports to: Principle Investigator
Purpose: The communications and outreach officer is responsible for the project’s communications operation in engaging the public, media professionals and other stakeholders in policy debates using the project’s research outputs.
- Designs and implements strategic initiatives and outreach efforts to increase the visibility of the project and to ensure the delivery of the project’s core messages to main stakeholders.
- Create, maintain and update the project’s stakeholders contact lists to be used for targeted dissemination and outreach.
- Organize speaker media, public and expert events to disseminate the project’s products
and raise its visibility as needed.
- Identify and act on opportunities of partnership with relevant stakeholders to raise the project’s profile.
- Design and implement effective media outreach plans including by arranging interviews, placement of op-eds, and ensuring coverage of the project’s products and events.
- Create communications products to support the dissemination of the project’s research products and to ensure the delivery of its core messages. This includes concept development and messaging, identifying and contracting vendors when needed, editing and quality assurance, dissemination and evaluation of reach and impact.
- Maintain and develop the projects digital platforms with the aim of maximizing the reach of the project within its primary target audiences.
- Create and disseminate a quarterly newsletter.
- Produce quarterly evaluation reports for the project’s communications activities.
- Perform other relevant tasks as required by the project’s Principle Investigator.
- Self-motivated and works under minimal supervision.
Minimum Education Requirement: University degree in mass communications or related fields.
Experience: Five to seven years of previous experience in related fields.
Position is open until July 10, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com stating “NEW Senior Communications and Outreach Officer” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo."