Senior Academic Advisor, Academic Advising Center (50031226 )
Reports to: Director, Academic Advising Center
Purpose: Advise and guide undeclared students according to their academic path by providing adequate information about AUC’s academic programs, policies and procedures, and ensure accurate registration for courses in accordance with AUC program requirements.
- Issue statistical reports on student enrollment, intentions of major and declaration acceptances.
- Advise undeclared students regarding their intended majors and explain Core Curriculum requirements. Four times annually.
- Assist ELI and newly admitted students in finalizing their course schedule and register it on (Banner). Two times annually.
- Check students Web Registration to ensure that they follow their intended major paths and AUC rules and regulations. Three times annually.
- Monitor and follow up students performance by checking grades and credits, and guide them accordingly. Two times annually.
- Generate lists of undeclared students to select those who meet the requirements for the declaration of different majors. Two times annually.
- Participate in the academic orientation that is held to all newcomers during their first advising session.
- Monitor office logistics during the drop and add week.
- Refer students to other on-campus resources (academic and non-academic offices/departments) based on their inquiries. All year round.
- Design the Academic Orientation to be presented to new applicants during their advising session to explain AUC’s academic system, introduce the Core Curriculum, the grading system and explain important academic regulations (e.g. Academic load, probation).
- Participate in marketing the Academic Advising Center’s services to the AUC community.
- Serve as a frontline support to all AUC UG student body, declared and undeclared by meeting with any UG student who has a problem and supporting the student in reaching a solution with Academic Departments or other offices on campus.
- Answer the Advising Center’s email and make sure that responses are made accurately and in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and follow up on all advising publications.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum education requirement: University Degree, Preferably AUC graduate
Experience: A minimum of five related experience.
- Excellent Command of English and Arabic (Spoken/Written).
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills and student-oriented.
- Ability to organize and prioritize the workflow along with meeting deadlines.
- Have the drive and stamina to deal with the complexity of the work.
- Ability to work independently and in a team and ability to motivate the advising team.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills and critical judgment.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- Accuracy while working under stress
Position is open until October 7, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the shortlist will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “50031226 Senior Academic Advisor” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”