Researcher II - Research Institute for a Sustainable Environment (RISE, Research Unit) (Grant Position)
Reports to: Assistant Director, Community Engagement, Research Institute for a Sustainable Environment (RISE, Research Unit)
The job holder carries out research and community development tasks as part of the institute’s research unit including applied research trials, as well as social and technical research on sustainable resource management in Egypt. The job may entail travel to off campus research locations for several days, most of the times not in Cairo. The job holder will also work as project coordinator. He/she will be responsible for coordinating activities, resources and equipments. Monitor and track project progress and handle any related issues. Prepare and plan volunteer trips for the donor.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the project manager and research team to plan and facilitate volunteer trips.
- Make travel arrangements, including but not limited to purchasing airfare, obtaining visas, researching and reserving accommodations, planning meals and breaks, and all other travel-related details.
- Assist with procurement of items needed for project and research trips.
- Data entry related to projects and research trips.
- Provide administrative and logistics support for projects.
- Coordinating project schedules, resources, equipment and information.
Minimum Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
Experience: A minimum of three years of experience of administrative work
- Fluent, including reading, writing and speaking skills in English and Arabic
- Professional written and spoken communication.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Understanding of travel logistics such as dealing with airports, ground transportation, obtaining travel visas.
- Able to work with an international work environment with a variety of people.
- Excellent book keeping.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines.
- Able to follow through with tasks without supervision.
- Working experience of windows word, power point, and excel.
Position is open until October 4, 2017
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “NEW Researcher II, RISE” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo."