Receptionist, Office of Residential Life (50030943)
Reports to: Building Manager
Purpose: The jobholder will act as a receptionist as well as carrying out clerical tasks pertaining to the student housing.
- Acts as a 24-hour information desk for residents
- Assists in implementing room assignments
- Coordinates with security for programming the residents’ university ID cards
- Ensure students filling in the following forms:
- Check in, upon arrival to the dorms
- Vacation forms, filled in before leaving on vacation so that they can be reached in case of emergencies
- Visitor forms, filled by AUC non-dorm residents who are staying as overnight guests
- Facilitate roommate requests and room switches for residents
- Maintain the residence regulations
- Ensure all visitors leave the residences past visiting hours
- Collects visitors fees in cash and handling required control receipts for this job as coordinated with the controller
- Insures and record maintenance, housekeeping, safety and clinic responds when needed
Minimum Education Requirement: Intermediate diploma, a University degree is an asset
Experience: A minimum of two years of administrative experience
- Good command of English and Arabic languages both spoken and written
- Good communication, interpersonal, organizational and follow-up skills
- Good command of MS Office applications
Working Conditions: Rotational shifts
Position is open until August 13, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “50030943 Receptionist” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo."