Proposal Officer, Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) (10001768)
Reports to: Executive Proposal Officer
Purpose: To provide proposal development and writing services for AUC faculty to assist them in obtaining funding from a diverse range of sponsors, search for funding opportunities by monitoring program offerings, search for donor areas of interest and match them to faculty expertise, using a wide range of funding opportunities databases and other sources. He/she will enhance investigators ability to compete for and win awards through training services, particularly those geared towards electronic proposal submission through grants.gov and other sponsor systems.
- Provide proposal development and writing services for AUC faculty to assist them in obtaining funding from a diverse range of sponsors.
- Search for, and alert faculty to funding opportunities: monitoring program offerings, searching for donor areas of interest and matching them to faculty expertise, using a wide range of databases and other sources.
- Enhance investigators ability to compete for and win awards by holding training workshops and one on one training services, particularly those geared towards electronic proposal submission through grants.gov and other sponsor systems.
- Manage the internal proposal review and approval process for the assigned proposals.
- Manage several concurrent proposals simultaneously and provide rapid responses in a fast-paced environment.
- Prepare and review proposal budgets with the assistance of the designated program officer, ensuring that all estimated costs are accurate, realistic and allowable by the sponsor and in line with AUC’s financial regulations and accounting systems.
- Ensure that all proposals comply with sponsor and institutional policies.
- Monitor progress on proposal documents to assure timeliness and quality of response.
- Edit proposals for format, clarity, grammar, RFP compliance, and message.
- Develop boilerplate information for use in a wide variety of proposals.
- Market OSP's proposal development/submission services to principal investigators.
- Perform any other related tasks as assigned.
Minimum Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree in writing-related field or social science.
Experience: A minimum of 10 years of previous experience including two-three years in grant writing and proposal development. Experience in developing grant proposals is preferable. Working in an academic environment/sponsored programs office and/or a fast-paced environment is also a major advantage.
- Strong command of the English language.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are of the highest priority.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to work with groups and organizations, both internal and external to the University. It is particularly important to possess an ability to work with diverse constituencies.
- Familiarity with various sponsors policies and guidelines.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, commitment to the highest standards of customer service and professionalism and ability to work independently and as a member of a dynamic cross-functional team.
- Able to handle a heavy work load.
Position is open until July 25, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “10001768 Proposal Officer” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo."