Project Manager (FFF) Research Institute for a Sustainable Environment (RISE) (Grant Position) 50029867
Reports to: Assistant Director, Community Engagement, Research Institute for a Sustainable Environment (RISE)
Purpose: Working in close partnership with and under the supervision of RISE’s associate director of community engagement, a project manager manages and implements one or more of RISE’s externally-funded projects. These projects are carried out in partnership with our donors, partner organizations and members of the local community. A project manager will lead a team of researchers to plan and implement projects. This position may involve working with interns, students, and volunteers. A project manager ensures that the project is implemented according to donor agreement and responds to donor needs and requests, ensures milestones and deadlines are met, assessments are carried out, and outputs are produces and submitted according to schedule. The position includes extensive overnight travel to project sites across Egypt and working on weekends. There is also possible travel to meetings and conferences abroad. It also entails development of educational programs, training curricula, the design and implementation of community projects, regular performance of sustainability assessments on the project components, and production of project publications, reports and outputs. A project manager will represent and showcase RISE projects at conferences and other relevant events. The project manager will also write proposals for obtaining new externally-funded projects. The project manager will be hired as grant staff and the position will be covered by external project funds.
- Lead and supervise a project team
- Design and implement community development projects in different locations across Egypt
- Liaise and coordinate with RISE’s project partners and donor organizations
- Apply for additional research and development grants and gifts
- Liaise with research partners, donor agencies, government ministries and national and international development organizations
- Monitor and report on project progress, ensuring milestones and deadlines are met
- Produce project outputs and results
- Organize project workshops, community meetings, presentations and events
- Manage and supervise a team of research associates, research assistants, interns and volunteers
- Develop training courses and syllabi
- Represent RISE and its project results and achievements at conferences and other events.
Minimum Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree plus experience or master’s degree
Experience: A minimum of 10 years of project management experience
- Project Management Professional certificate (PMP)
- Writing reports and proposals
- Experience in development, research and the environment is a plus
- Fluent English and appropriate Arabic skills
- Excellent management skills
- Familiarity and experience with research and development methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Able to work effectively with a variety of people including donors, partner organizations, AUC staff, faculty, and students, and members of the local community in project locations.
- Excellent supervision and problem solving skills
- Good teaching and presentation skills
- Demonstrates ability to write narrative reports
- Working experience of Windows Word, Power Point, Access and Excel
Position is open until October 26, 2017
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “50029867 Project Manager (FFF)” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo."