Senior Administrative Affairs Assistant - Law Department (44400108)
Reports to: Executive Assistant to Chair
Purpose: Provide high level of administrative assistance (including public relations and fund raising) to the chair, assistant to department chair, faculty, students, and university offices.
- Assist in student recruitment for the LL.M and IHRL programs.
- Responsible for students registration.
- Responsible for the department events (organizing, designing flyers, sending invitations).
- Servicing department grants in coordination with program directors and the Office of Support Programs (OSP).
- Maintain accurate and regularly updated statistics and vital information on students contributions, and overall department revenue, as well as the entrance and exit surveys.
- Answer to incoming inquiries regarding department programs and admissions requirements on generic email, telephone and walk-ins.
- Responsible for the department publications (i.e. brochure, posters).
- Handle all types of purchasing orders, and filing them.
- Control the department stationary stores by keeping track of what is needed and counting what is available, and writing requisitions for needed items.
- Coordinate with the school and departments computer inventories.
- Gets information needed in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Contact various departments in and out of university for maintenance and similar work.
- Produce annual statistics of newly and returning students as well as annual students reports.
- Prepares and updates the contact lists for students and alumni to establish a better network for to help in informing them on announcements, and seminars.
- Update department calendar of events and website various pages each academic year and as required.
- Provide administrative assistance as requested.
- Any other business as requested by the chair and assistant to the chair.
- Serve as program coordinator and resource person for applicants, students, and faculty regarding requirements and procedures of the department degrees.
- Responsible for handling and keeping track of different forms submitted by the students to the university (readmission, extension of study period, leave of absence, withdrawal, course repeat, change of program).
- Serve as liaison between the department and other offices at the university (office of the registrar, admissions, dean of graduate studies etc...).
- Collecting record of students available for teaching assistantships, and informing students of opportunities for these as they arise.
- Responsible for sending various announcements to students and faculty throughout the academic year.
- Handle new applicants files and presenting to the department committee for their decision making; informing the admissions office of each applicant status.
- Responsible for preparing fellowships applicants files and present it to the committee concerned with additional departmental details on every applicant to facilitate the decision making process.
- Review students theses before submission to ensure compliance with the school thesis guidelines and formatting.
- Guide students to theses submission details regarding deadlines, forms required, and arrange for the needed approvals for each student’s thesis.
Minimum Education Requirement: BA in any related discipline, preferably masters or diploma.
Experience: A minimum of five to seven years of experience in a relevant field, preferably in an academic setting.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to take initiative is required.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, to multi-task and to be self-motivated essential.
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge of SAP is an asset.
- High level of confidentiality and attention to details.
- High level of commitment to provide excellent customer service.
- Excellent English and Arabic
Position is open until June 10, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “44400108 Senior Administrative Affairs Assistant” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo."