Extract Transfrom Load (ELT) Developer (50029756)
Reports to: Data Analytics and Business Intelligence Manager
Purpose: AUC is looking for a strong ETL (Extract Transform Load) developer (IBM data stage experience preferred) responsible for design, development, and delivery of data from operational systems and files into a staging area, ODS's (operational data stores), data warehouse, downstream data marts and files. This ETL developer will implement quality logical and physical ETL designs that have been optimized to meet the operational performance requirements for our multiple solutions and products. This will include the implementation of the sound architecture, design, and development standards. The job holder should have the experience to design the optimal performance strategy and manage the technical metadata across all ETL jobs.
- Develop and deploy ETL job workflow with reliable error/exception handling and rollback framework.
- Manage software upgrades, capacity planning and system optimization.
- Perform the unit testing, system integration testing and assist with user acceptance testing.
- Adapt ETL code to accommodate changes in source data and new business requirements.
- Document the ETL detailed design and test results.
- Prioritize development and enhancement requests.
- Spearheads development of ETL code, metadata definitions and models, queries and reports, schedules, work processes and maintenance procedures.
- Manages automation of file processing as well as all ETL processes within a job workflow.
- Ensures data quality throughout entire ETL process.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements for data transmission, storage, and data access including documentation, testing, and remediation.
- Develops systems and procedures to ensure the availability and reliability of the University’s enterprise business intelligence environment including installation and upgrades of the BI environment.
Minimum Education Requirement: BSc/BA in computer science or relevant field.
- Experience in managing data lineage and performing impact analysis.
- ETL design and documentation skills.
- Experience with ETL tool development IBM Data Stage is preferred.
- Expert ability in SQL.
- Experience with SAP modules is a plus.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and take initiative. Ability to translate ideas and business requirements into fully functioning ETL workflows.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to articulate and document processes and workflows for use by various individuals of varying technical abilities.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Position is open until June 25, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “50029756 ETL Developer” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo."