Director, HR Business Partner – Non-Academic, Human Resources Office (50031120)
Reports to: AVP for Human Resources
Purpose: The Director, HR Business Partner – Non-Academic plays a key role in the Human Resources team. The position will act as the interface between the Non-Academic Area Offices and the Human Resources Office. The Director will provide high quality business support in alignment with the university’s HR strategies, policies, processes and procedures.
- Focusing on Non-Academic area and related offices
- Review, develop and implement offices and departments’ structure at regular intervals in coordination with relevant administrative directors, HR Center of Excellence and HR Operations/ Employee Shared Service Center, in case of any structural changes are required to meet the changing business needs of the University
- Ensure that all jobs / positions have accurate and up-to-date job descriptions in place including new positions arising out from the change in the university structure
- Implement HR policies and procedures and maintain effective liaison with Center of Excellence and HR Operations/ Employee Shared Service Center to ensure the correct interpretation and application / compliance of HR policies & procedures. This includes providing inputs and feedback to administrative directors in relevant departments on areas of further improvement
- In alignment with HR Operations/ Employee Shared Service Center ensure that all department employees strictly comply with the HR policies, systems and procedures
- Participate actively in the annual manpower planning, costing and budgeting exercise in liaison with administrative directors to reach the required number of headcount for each function based on the actual business need
- Manage the recruitment and selection process for approved vacant positions and ensure that all recruitment and selection activities are carried out in the most cost effective and timely manner and in accordance with the prescribed HR policies and procedures and approved manpower budget and functional policies and processes
- In close coordination with People’s Capabilities, identify and assess internal potential of talent and collaborate with relevant administrative directors to ensure high potential talent within the University are considered for new vacant roles as the first place before external hiring
- In close coordination with HR Operations/ Employee Shared Service Center ensure the execution of employment contracts of new hires as well as for existing employees in compliance with the HR operations policies and procedures
- In close coordination with Organization Capabilities, implement job levels, compensation and benefits program in alignment with set HR policies and procedures
- Implement and monitor the execution of the annual performance appraisal system in assigned departments and ensure that the performance management system timelines and process of evaluation is adhered to all levels and that all eligible employees are evaluated in a most transparent manner in the review period
- Supervise the compilation of annual performance evaluation results in order to establish performance ratings and recommendations for increment, promotion and training needs by the respective administrative director
- Liaise with People’s Capabilities to implement cost effective learning and development programs both in-house and external to enhance employee’s talents
- Manage employee relations and disputes and act as a main point of contact in resolving issues and disputes that arise during the course of employment in consultation with the relevant stakeholders. Ensure that all employees related disputes are amicably resolved through genuine efforts and discussion without going into litigation process
- Ensure that all staff related services are provided on a timely basis and with the highest of standards including on/off boarding
- In coordination with HR Operations/ Employee Shared Service Centre, ensure providing timely information on all necessary payroll changes, adjustments, addition of new employees, resignations, overtime payments, leave etc…to ensure accurate and efficient payroll processing
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Minimum education requirement:
- University degree in a relevant field.
- Professional qualification in Human Resources.
- MBA is an asset.
- A minimum of 20 years of experience in a multi-cultural environment with particular emphasis on Human Resources practices and applications.
- A minimum of seven years in a leadership role
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, organizational, analytical, human resource management, and communication skills necessary
- Strong business knowledge and judgment, connecting human resources practices with units’ objectives and needs
- Line management experience with extensive involvement in people management issues
- Proven ability to provide advice and counsel across a complex organization
- Professionalism, experience with and commitment to providing excellent service, strong judgment and ability to be flexible in a constantly changing environment, high standards for accuracy and attention to detail, and sensitivity to confidential information
- Demonstrated commitment to building and sustaining relationships at all levels of the organization
- Effective team player
Position is open until September 30, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “50031120 Director, HR Business Partner – Non-Academic” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”