Curriculum and Instructional Officer, Languages Department, School of Continuing Education (10001404)
Reports to: Assistant Director
Purpose: The purpose of the job is to manage the development and review of the languages curriculum and assessments of learning outcomes. The CI officer is responsible for maintaining course materials, designing new courses, ensuring the curriculum is aligned across levels and curriculum/assessment practices are regularly reviewed. In addition, the post provides on-going logistics support and professional development for faculty. The officer works directly with all Languages Department (LD) faculty members to answer all their inquiries, help in solving problems that face them and lead them to the right direction of processes.
Work is based on flexible and extended hours in all SCE and training venues.
- Manage curriculum development process
- Design curriculum review and updates procedure
- Audit and reviews the assessment of the learning outcomes of LD offerings
- Handle the preparation of the LD faculty hiring process
- Analyze the enrollment trends ensuring that hired instructors cover the number of classes opened and forecast number of instructors needed for hiring
- Create and conducts department orientation sessions for new faculty and for learners
- Manage the faculty talent by proposing retention plans and activities
- Assist in class visits
- Conduct new instructors hiring demos
- Conduct visibility visits at the beginning of each term
- Assist in investigating complaints and contacting instructors
- Monitor and coach faculty on the use of digitized forms, uploading of results and attendance of learners and communicates with faculty who fail to upload on time
- Correct incomplete exams for LD learners
- Participate in logistics of NILETESOL annual conference held at AUC
- Perform any other additional tasks as assigned by supervisor
Minimum Education Requirement:
- Bachelor degree in English language
- Preferable master’s degree in TEFL/TESOL
Experience: Minimum seven years of experience in teaching English with at least two years of experience in the area of education administration.
- Must be a strong communicator, personable and extremely organized
- Excellent use of Microsoft applications and social media
- Excellent command of English and Arabic
Position is open until September 29, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to email@example.com, stating “10001404 Curriculum & Instructional Officer” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo.”