Cost Control Engineer I, Office of Planning, Design and Construction (50016577 )
Reports to: Assistant Director for Construction
Purpose: Conduct market search to collect financial analyses data and information in order to cost estimate and contracted work proactively towards cost target objectives in collaboration with others (engineers, tendering office, contractors and vendors).
- Responsible to control and monitor project total expenditure including verifying and checking of invoices and claims from suppliers, vendors and subcontractors to ensure that all project expenditures are captured and properly recorded.
- Provide planning and cost controlling support for all projects which includes variation reporting, monitoring of milestone progress to the preparation of Invoices processes, etc.
- Perform and manage project financial activity monitoring and purchase requests creation and follow up.
- Perform commercial review for (subcontractor’s quotations) for the preparation of service agreements.
- Ensure effective project implementation and utilize productive reports from the creation of WBS with the use of project management system (SAP) to monitor the status of all purchases, invoicing and delivery up to the closure of the project.
- Prepare monthly movement report for the monitoring of the project activities on a daily basis promptly to the project manager and management.
- Coordinate and work with the supply chain management team to resolve project issues to ensure the delivery/completion of the project work.
- Perform project costing related reporting to the team and management’s review on a monthly basis to ensure that expenditures are kept within the project budget.
- Undertake any other ad-hoc duties as required.
Minimum education requirement: B. Sc. in engineering or finance associate and cost control related experience.
Experience: Minimum of seven to nine years of experience and similar capacity in project estimating and cost controlling preferably in educational firms or construction firms.
- Understand means and methods of construction associated with the construction and renovation.
- Understand the sequencing of work and the strategy of creating effective project schedules.
- Excellent computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Office software, SAP and MS Project).
- Gather proposals, specifications and related documents and liaise with stakeholders in order to convert specifications to cost estimates for new and current products.
- Proactively contributes to the team.
- Actively committed to teams’ development.
- Good communication skills with the ability to form and maintain good relationships internally and externally.
- Good interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Commercially and financially aware.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Highly numerate with the ability to research, assemble manage and manipulate numerical information.
- Knowledge of estimating techniques.
- Results orientated and organized with the ability to deliver against deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills.
Position is open until September 6th, 2018
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “50016577 Cost Control Engineer I” in the subject line.
"We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo."