Communications and Administration Manager, Research Institute for a Sustainable Environment (RISE), School of Science and Engineering (50013253)
Reports to: Director of Research Institute for a Sustainable Environment (RISE)
Purpose: The purpose of this position is to ensure the efficient and effective management of the communications and administrative functions of RISE. The position aligns with the RISE Strategic Plan 2016-2019. Goal 1: strengthen the visibility, public identity, and institutional support of RISE. Goal 2: achieve a critical mass for unit sustainability. In addition, the position fulfills strategic plan objective 2.2 and ensures continuity in administrative functions through reclassification and redefinition of the former program coordination manager position to include both planning and administration functions, as well as communication and marketing functions internal and external to the university.
- Working closely with the Center Director, develop, update, and implement RISE Strategic Plan, RISE Governance Document, and RISE Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Coordinate RISE, under Center Director, RISE knowledge management (KM) and monitoring and evaluation (M&E) processes
- Insure administrative and program compliance with the above documents.
- Oversee RISE events, activities and outreach to ensure consistency and quality.
- Manage HR related issues and performs related personnel functions.
- Manage the RISE motor pool, including field transportation processes, through research and logistics staff.
- Manage day-to-day office management functions and supervise administrative and logistics staff, including administrative responsibility for operation and maintenance of RISE program vehicles, golf carts, etc.
- Manage and administer RISE internship and student work-study programs.
- Work with other management team members to develop annual office budget.
- Manage and administer RISE head office recurrent budget and produce reports
- Manage and update RISE website and all contents related to social media
- Maintain office services by organizing office operations and procedures; preparing level of effort reports and payment requests; controlling correspondence; designing filing systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions; assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
- Oversee office operations and supervise Senior Administrative Assistant, Office Assistant, Research Logistics staff, and coordinate physical maintenance of office and RISE facilities with other AUC departments and external service providers
- Manage RISE internal and external communications, including website, news releases, etc. through AUC office of communications.
- Organize and administer RISE public events, including annual international conference, seminar series, etc.
- Manage communications with university and external parties. Develop a comprehensive public relations plan for RISE to ensure outside parties are aware of RISE projects. Manage guest visits, including content, visit logistics and programming. Develop reports and articles about RISE activities.
- Organize the annual Living Learning Laboratory and Adopt-a-Plot programs in coordination with the RISE Research and Education Unit. Develop and expand the experimental learning programs at RISE. Collaborate with faculty and oversee the implementation of these projects.
- Provide support and assistance to RISE director as requested
Minimum Education Requirement:
- BA or BS degree.
- MA or MS is preferred.
- Min 15 years of professional experience in the field of development
- Background knowledge in education and sustainable development.
- Understanding of university administration and operations.
- Strong written and spoken communications skills
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate and interact professionally with a wide and diverse range of people inside and outside the university
- Proficiency in office software programs
- Strong presentation skills.
- Professional report and documents writing skills.
- Event planning and management skills
- High management and motivational skills.
Position is open until October 11, 2017
Placement is based on the candidate’s experience and skills. Only candidates who make it to the short list will be contacted. If interested, please send an updated and detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “50013253 RISE Communications and Administration Manager” in the subject line.
“We thank all individuals who have expressed interest in working at The American University in Cairo."